Monday, May 2, 2011

My own list of 1000 gifts

(for the sake of reference - if you want background to this blog - see http://www.thoughtsfromacountrymouse.blogspot.com/  posting on May 2, 2011 for the background to this blog)


This idea is not my own.  In fact, this blog overflows from my heart upon reading the chapters of Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts.  It is in this book that she "beckons you to leave the parched ground of pride, fear and white-knuckle control and abandon yourself to the God who overlows your cup."  (from the back cover of her book by the same title)  "She gently teaches you how to biblically lament loss, turning pain into poetry; intentionally embrace a lifestyle of radical gratitude; and slow down and catch God in the moment!"

This dear friend - is my blog wherein I am choosing to post the things that blesses my heart - and helps me to see God's fingerprint on my life.  I want to slow down.  I want to be intentional in how I live and to live with a heart open to experiencing HIM in the everyday! 

I have started to write down some of the "gifts" ...    perhaps you have a few of your own.... maybe even a 1000+

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!! His love endures for ever!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment