Tuesday, May 3, 2011

the list begins

In life, some people write about the things on their BUCKET LISTS or in otherwords the places they want to go to/see before they die.  After reading ONE THOUSAND GIFTS by Ann Voskamp, and in conversation about this book with my friend Josie, we have both been inspired to make our own "lists of 1000 gifts" to help us become intentional about life - about seeing God throughout our day - about being thankful for not what we want but what we have and often (really) take for granted.  Thus - my list has begun ....  

 1.  snuggling with my grandson and smelling his freshly shampoo'd hair
 2.  the sound of the coffee maker and the cup of coffee my man brings to me as I soak in the tub
 3.  the strong smell of pine trees as I walk
 4.  the sight of chickadees enjoying our feeder at the land
 5.  my grandson's belly laugh
 6.  seeing a mom walking to school with her son, pulling a wagon full of easter goodies for the class
 7.  the sound of geese
 8.  sitting around the campfire with my kids
 9.  the hug of good friends
10. looking up Scripture that God has whispered to me
11. exercising even when my body is in pain and feeling better after
12. laughing with my sweetheart until the tears run down our faces

No comments:

Post a Comment